Monday, March 9, 2009

Free Kid Mud EP: Track 1 -
"This Way is Safe"

Kid Mud's new EP Birds Have Moved In: Reworkings and Remixes is out this week. Instead of doing a traditional release, we decided to give the whole thing away for free. We will be releasing a track-a-day all this week.

1. This Way is Safe

"This Way is Safe" is the only new song included on the EP. This song was recorded in the same sessions that produced Birds Will Move In, and it totally captures the same mood. Even though it didn't make it onto the EP, it still struck me as something special and we planned on using it at some point. So many of those songs Sean Duncan (the one-man mastermind behind Kid Mud) gave me to listen to deal with transition and coming back from your lowest point. This one was no different and I could certainly relate. "I was really freaking out when I wrote this," Duncan says. "I wasn't really sue what I was doing or what was the point. Thats about it."

You can purchase Kid Mud's Birds Will Move In at iTunes, Emusic and Amazon. Kid Mud plays the Hotel Utah in San Francisco on Saturday, March 14 with Great Northern and O+S.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great song!