Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Briefs: Wavves, Future of SF All Ages Venues, Future of Radio

[Photo cred: David E. Greenwald]

+ Speaking to Pitchfork, Wavves frontman Nathan Williams addresses his Primavera Sound Festival meltdown for the first time.
I actually talked to my mom the next morning, and she asked me how it went. I said, "Good, I think." But yeah, I don't know, I guess I just got way too fucked up. That was basically the story. It was never anything except just a couple of bad decisions, and I don't know. It is what it is.
+ In case you didn't already know, San Francisco's all-ages music venues are in danger of closing. This video from 7x7 covers the situation rather well, and you can see it over at The OCMD.

+ The San Francisco Chronicle ran a story on local radio music directors, and the SF Weekly's All Shook Down blog posted some great counterpoints to the information presented.
Interesting article on Bay Area radio Music Directors in today's Chron. When I say interesting, it's because the information presented runs counter not only to what's currently happening with the commercial radio industry, but is written in such a way to suggest that writer Aidin Vaziri is completely clueless to this discrepancy.

1 comment:

Barbara Bruederlin said...

Losing all ages venues would really hurt the music scene. If necessary, these clubs could decrease their ticket and liquor prices to increase the relative revenue from food sales. Or make people buy a roast chicken with each beer.