Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Bran Flakes I Have Hands Out Today

MP3 - "What It's All About" - The Bran Flakes
You know how, when you're a kid, certain forms of entertainment seem totally normal, but when you're an adult they seem really odd. That was how I felt watching Yellow Submarine as an adult, and that is how I feel about The Bran Flakes. The music is offbeat, but I am sure kids will go crazy for it. In fact, the Bran Flakes are the perfect meeting of my inner child and my inner copyright rebel. I am not off on this one - the Bran Flakes have even located YouTube videos of kids singing their songs. I Have Hands is out today on Illegal Art, and there is something very liberating about it - both the kitschy samples and the memories of caffeine and sugar-induced childhood fun. And if that doesn't do it for you, you have to respect artists who sample Dolly Parton.
Bonus Track:
MP3 - Van Pop - The Bran Flakes

No comments: