Monday, July 7, 2008

Oakland Love

One week in, and I love my new neighborhood. I can wake up to sunshine and take a run around the lake. It makes me feel positively rejuvenated. This weekend was filled with the necessary runs one must make when moving into a new place - Target and IKEA, two of of the happiest places on Earth. We also took the time to see Wall-E at the movie theater one block away. It was absolutely brilliant and quite bold. After the movie, we walked half a block to a piano bar and sang Beatles tunes. I love this neighborhood.

2 comments:

Allison said...

Sounds like you are settling in nicely. I want to see this Wall E movie, even it is about robots.

Barbara Bruederlin said...

I'm so glad to hear that you have found your place. And with a lake in the neighbourhood, yet. I am very fond of those.