Friday, July 11, 2008

How to Deal

This week, I've been dealing with some of the not-so-fun stress that comes with moving into a new place. It's been a bit challenging, but I've dealt with it in two ways - watching a lot of ESPN and accumulating lots of music. ESPN has lots of great shows early in the day, but I found out that they all debate the exact same things. As far as music, my collection now boasts new releases from Beck, Death Cab For Cutie, Nick Cave and Wolf Parade (all thanks to my brother), as well as the debut from the Rascals and pretty much the entire Illegal Art catalog. I also located the USB cord for my iPod so I was able to update that. I am listening to Beck's Modern Guilt right now, which is quite good. Also on the plus side, I ate a delicious dinner last night (and am expecting another this evening) and I've been making some killer smoothies.

2 comments:

Allison said...

Having gotten into this nasty habit of moving quite a bit recently, I can understand the stress. But at least you are catching up with some great music. All those albums feel so old to me now, I've become too quick in my music listening habits. Each album lasts about a week now, when before it would be months, and months. An alarming trend, really.

Anyway, hope the good food and smoothies help with the transition!

Barbara Bruederlin said...

I certainly hope that you listed your awesome smoothy-making ability on a resume, because those kind of skills are always in demand.

The new Nick Cave is pretty great, isn't it?