Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Spiderman 3 Soundtrack Gets All Indie

Now while the new Spiderman films have been some of my favorite superhero movies - ever, the accompanying soundtracks have been some serious duds. Number one teamed up Nickelback's Chad Kroeger and the singer from Saliva for "Hero," creating what is undoubtedly the ugliest duo ever. Seriously, check it out. Then numero dos was lead by songs from Train and Dashboard Confessional. Seems like these soundtracks are just following what they hear an alternative rock radio ... which may explain the hip(per) selection for this year's concluding film. Included are new songs from the Walkmen, the Killers, the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, the Flaming Lips ... and Chubby Checker's "The Twist." Remember when summer movie soundtracks were kind of a big deal? Or were they just a big deal to me? Anyhow, let's hope this brings that curatorial genre back a little bit. Complete tracklist is at Pitchfork who broke the story long before I did. If you haven't seen the movie's trailer, here it is...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure I'd call The Killers and Snow Patrol indie, but I like the looks of that sundtrack!

I agree - I used to be a huge fan of soundtracks, and then they got kind of lame for awhile.

For my money, it doesn't get much better than Top Gun. :)

Anonymous said...

My have to go see the movie, just for the music now.

Anonymous said...

I was afraid click on the video for fear of seeing Chad Kroeger's fugly face, but I did anyway and now I'll be having nightmares.

Marie Antoinette - that's a film I want to see strictly for the soundtrack.