It would appear that - thanks to the Boy Least Likely To, the Pipettes and, now, the Little Ones - pop music is having a bit of a resurgence. Sure, the disposable "pop" stars of the world have always been around, but I am referring to that genuine pop sound characterized by tight harmonies and catchy lyrics. The Little Ones wrote collaboratively and if each member doesn't find themselves tapping their feet to a new track, the song is scrapped. The result of such unified songwriting and critical dismissal is an infectious EP called Sing Song - a collection of melancholy songs that make you feel really, really good. Without even having toured the country, the Little Ones built a strong following via the internet - and chances are there one of the favorite bands and your favorite music blog. I first heard about the band at Rewriteable Content when I won Sing Song in a contest. This episode was done in collaboration with the editors at RC who provided some quality advice. In this episode, you get to see an interview backstage with the band at Rickshaw Stop in San Francisco, as well as performances of "Lovers Who Uncover," "Heavy Hearts Brigade" and TWO NEW SONGS.Watch and/or download podcast no. 7 here
Check back each weekend for a new episode, or subscribe...

::Previous Episodes::
Dengue Fever
Howlin Rain
Kelley Stoltz
The Boy Least Likely To
The Cuts & Birdman Records
Chris Brokaw



9 comments:
Opening new doors for me....really liked "High On A Hill". Now to go explore the other stuff - thanks!
Rad! Thank you so much for the cred. Your videos are always great.
Great podcast as ever. Happy little chappies aren't they? Like them a lot. Very happy about the recent 'pop' resurgence.
They have a great sound. I loved what they said about pop music, and how the internet and blogging is this generations answer to mix tapes.
Well done!
Technical question, I asked before but I don't think it was answered...what type of camera are you using? I was just wondering what night filter you were using (if any).
I LIKE these guys a lot! There is nothing wrong with a catchy pop song, and goodness knows I'm a sucker for some hand-clapping myself.
I would definitely see them if they came to town.
Thanks for another great podcast!
Yes! I just saw Little Ones last night in Chicago and they definitely blew the French Kicks (headliners) out of the water. Their enthusiasm was infectious.
and thanks for commenting arthi - can't wait to feature you on an upcoming episode.
Allison - sorry to not have answered your question. i use a canon optura 30 - nothing too fancy. i don't think i used any night filter for the little ones; sometimes i turn on the "low light" - but typically, i keep all the lighting pretty natural.
and thanks everyone for the comments ... i am really pleased with this episode.
Post a Comment