In America, everybody knows who Pete Doherty is ... even if they don't know how to pronounce his last name. That being said, I don't think anyone in America is that familiar with his music. Our only experience with the Libertines is television performances of "Can't Stand Me Now" done without Doherty, and I personally have never heard a Babyshambles song. Thus, all we know of the man is his drug addicted tabloid exploits. That being said, I had no idea what I was in for on the new remix of "Prangin' Out" by the Streets, which features Doherty on vocals. I have to say the results are rather brilliant - if this whole rock thing doesn't work out, Doherty might have a future in Skinner-esque poetic rap. Listen to it at The Streets' MySpace page. Oh, and here's the video for the original "Prangin Out."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I read about this awhile back and was waiting hear the results, so thanks for the link.
It was pretty good, not bad at all. I'm still a little undecided, need to listen again. It actually reminded me of Skinner's earlier stuff, which I do love.
OH MY GAWD that was the funniest thing I have heard in a long time! What, does Pete have a mouthful of marbles or something worse? "Can't Stand Me Now' it ain't. Wonder what Carlos thinks of this?
Post a Comment