Friday, July 21, 2006

Tomorrow, We See the Raconteurs; Jack White Still Into the White Stripes

Tomorrow, all 3/3 of N&UR will be going to see the Raconteurs and Kelley Stoltz at the Warfield - the best 1-2 punch since M.I.A. and LCD Soundsystem. I wonder if they will have this hype man with them...

In Jack White-related news, the guitarist says his other band - the White Stripes - are not going away anytime soon. "I've heard assumptions that I'm bored with the White Stripes, or that it's not fulfilling me, which is very much not true," he says. "I find the White Stripes extremely fulfilling. It's extremely challenging. It's harder to be in the White Stripes than in this. I don't get to break for a second when the Stripes play live. But I do wish to dissuade people of the assumption that I've become bored with the White Stripes, And I would definitely admit if that was the case."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a good time at the show Will. I'll talk to you later today.