One time when I was in the sixth grade, the student council was taking requests on what should be played at the school dance. Naturally, given that I was way into the Yardbirds at the time, I said, "the Yardbirds." Unfortunately, the student council, my classmates and the teacher had never heard of the Yardbirds. One girl even asked, "Are the Yardbirds your band, Will?" in a snotty tone. I think this event basically sums up my pre-teen years and, as you can imagine, "Heart Full of Soul" didn't make it onto the DJ's playlist at that dance.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I've always loved that song, but I've never seen a video of it before.
You were way too cool for that school anyway, Will. You sure had great taste in grade 6 already.
(They have never heard of the bands Eva requests at dances either, not surprisingly).
thanks for the video!
My favorite song when I was 5 years old was: Lay Down Sally, Eric Clapton. My dad used to play it on his guitar. That was when I really thought he was cool (which may be the only time)...and it was still okay to give little kids sips of beer. That's gotta be what's wrong with me!
Post a Comment