Sunday, July 16, 2006

The Two Sides of "Eleanor..."

Late last year, Franz Ferdinand released their second album, You Could Have It So Much Better. One of my personal favorites was the Beatles-esque, "Eleanor Get Your Boots On," and it sounded something like this...

Now, almost a year later the quartet has returned with a new version and a very Beatles-esque video...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A new version? I'll have to check with The Boy. I'm sure he has it on his computer. Of all the music he's brought home in the last few years, Franz Ferdinand is my fave. Anytime I know I have a long commute ahead of me, I always make sure I have their cd's in my car. Makes the trip that much better.

Anonymous said...

I prefer the old version. The new one is a bit too bouncy, and I don't think it fits the song.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Charlie about the bounciness, but I do like the visuals on the second one. Cute as FF are, the first one is still a standard performance video.
For the record, I love everything on You Could Have It... I was so relieved that it turned out as well as it did.