Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Pains of Being Pure At Heart
Play Spaceland Tomorrow; 7" Out Today

MP3 - "Young Adult Friction" -
The Pains of Being Pure at Heart
The true testament of the impact of an indie band is their backlash. If all is going accordingly, we should be bracing for a Pains of Being Pure at Heart backlash any minute now. I never was one for backlashes, so don't expect me to get involved. I love their debut, in all of its jangly, melancholy, Sundays/Camera Obsucra/Lush-ish glory. I wish I were in LA to catch the band's set at Spaceland tomorrow night because, well, I think that would be a rather pleasant experience. In stores today from Oakland's Slumberland Records (who also released the Pain's debut) is a new 7" for the standout track, "Young Adult Friction." On the flip side is a new song, entitled "Ramona." You can pick up a copy of the 7" here, or download "Ramona" from iTunes.
Bonus Track:
MP3 - "Everything With You" -
The Pains of Being Pure at Heart

No comments: