Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Free Kid Mud EP: Track 3 - "1401 South Grand Street" (Reworked by Kid Mud)

Kid Mud's new EP Birds Have Moved In: Reworkings and Remixes is out this week. Instead of doing a traditional release, we decided to give the whole thing away for free. We will be releasing a track-a-day all this week.

1. This Way is Safe
2. You Don't Belong (Sticky Situation Remix)
3. 1401 South Grand Street (Reworked by Kid Mud)

Sean Duncan decide to rework two of his songs for this EP, the first being "1401 South Grand Street." The original has much more of an acoustic, singer/songwriter feel, and this reworking really changes it up. "What I tried to do was not hear the original version in my head," Duncan says, "because I wanted to record it in a new way. All I took was the vocals and worked with that. I also wanted to give it more of a calming, sedated feel just like the song actually means to me. No matter how many times I have played that song it still gives me that weird eeriness that seems to bring me back to that time from when I was writing it."

You can purchase Kid Mud's Birds Will Move In at iTunes, Emusic and Amazon. Kid Mud plays the Hotel Utah in San Francisco on Saturday, March 14 with Great Northern and O+S.

No comments: