Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The preview's over,
now enjoy the feature

After more than a year without a new release, the New and Used Records catalog has expanded to NUR002 with the release yesterday of Taking and Running Away by Tigers Can Bite You. (BUY IT HERE!). As we enter October, the catalog is about to expand a good deal more.

Last Sunday, I tuned into the online stream of Check one, two - the local music program on LA's Indie 103.1. The second song of the program was "Alarms" by our very own Shiloe - and it is always a thrilling feeling to hear one of your artists on the radio.

I saw Shiloe for the first time last week when they played the Knockout in San Francisco. Their set featured three songs from the forthcoming EP we are putting out, as well as a selection of tunes from the two previous ones, all showcasing that dark, driving rhythm I am so fond of. I shot some video which I will hopefully be posting as soon as I get some replacement video software. Kid Mud made it out to the show, as well.

As I said, the previews are over - we dropped NUR002 this week, and October will see us make our way up to 005. And now we enter October, which is one of my favorite months of the year. The weather starts to change and you begin to get the early stages of that warm winter feeling; the major league baseball playoffs start; and you cap it all off with Halloween - hopefully you can fill the month with horror movies, though. With our new releases, I have even more reason to love October.

1 comment:

Allison said...

You know, I've been reading your blog(s) for close to three years now, I think, more or less, and its great to read/hear the expansion of the New and Used Records enterprises. I look forward to taking a listen and shall report back. :)