Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Between the Covers

With Kid Mud's new EP out this week, we asked the singer/songwriter/producer/remixer to blog about how he's going to stay busy. For more about Kid Mud, visit his MySpace, and also check out his remixes.

So now that the EP is Out i am recording the Album to come in an actual studio (mountain ghost studios)  I find i need to fill my recording time with something.  I have been working on two covers to bide my time.  I recently got a new interface that can also work as a crossfade so hell maybe i will put together a Dj Set and hit the clubs also.  

Album of the Week: You Have No Idea What You're Getting Yourself Into / Does It Offend You, Yeah?
I have been recently listening to the Does it offend you yeah? album and really like how diverse it is.  You have something that sounds like a more tron style Death from Above right into an 80's subway dance off overdosing on Bit Crush.  It's right up my alley.  

Music Video of the Week: "DVNO" / Justice
I also keep coming back to the DVNO Video by Justice.  It is just a huge nostalgic piece.  There is that one part that is just like the old HBO intro before a movie.  The first time i saw it it totally remind me of when i stayed up this one time to watch Risky Business with my dad.  When i say stay up i mean it was dark outside.  It could of been the winter and 6pm but it was rated R so it made it later.

No comments: