Friday, July 25, 2008

Weekend Edition #1

Even though I went to bed rather early last night, I still woke up late. Must mean my body is ready for the weekend. I'll be at the Starry Plough tonight (flyer above), then at a wedding on Saturday, and possibly viewing the new X-Files film on Sunday. Next week, I shall return with more news on the many exciting developments happening at N&UR.
***
Head over to Pressed For Sound to download "Two Ways Out," the fantastic new single from LA's Darker My Love. The harmonies on the chorus remind me of the Byrds, while the atmosphere created by the song is reminiscent of the Stone Roses. The band's latest, 2, drops on August 5 from Dangerbird Records (a nice birthday present for me!) That night, Darker My Love play the Independent in San Francisco (a Bagel Radio sponsored show), before returning to LA to play the Troubadour on August 7.

Read my review of the Rykarda Parasol/Candy Apple show at The Bay Bridged.

Meet Stumble Audio - which is Pandora for Indie Music.
MP3 - "Bullet Train" - Apache
Bay Area Shows
6/25 - The New Centuries, Tartufi, the Aimless Never Miss and Silian Rail @ the Starry Plough.
More shows at The Bay Bridged.

LA Shows:
6/25 - Darker My Love and Fool’s Gold @ The Echo.
6/26 - Howlin Rain @ Spaceland.
6/27 - Bart Davenport, Michael Berg, and Wonderground @ Tangier.
More shows at Radio Free Silverlake.

2 comments:

Allison said...

Sometimes the body just need a little extra sleep. Sounds like you have quite an eventful weekend coming up. I'm intrigued with the new X Flies film, even though I never watched the series. Hope you enjoy all the festivities.

Anonymous said...

hey... let me know if you want a copy of the Darker My Love CD - I got a couple extra from the press people...

Let me know how the X-Files movie is; I was a major fan back in the 8th grade! (ha!!)