Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Best of the Year (Halfway)

Today, the writers of Dusted Magazine looked back at some of their favorite records from the first half of 2008. I didn't own any of them, so clearly I have my work cut out for me before my best-of list in December. Despite what I've missed, I have heard some great records in 2008 that continue to renew my faith in music. In no particular order, here are my ten favorite from the first half of the year:

Rainydayz Remixes, AmpLive
Small-Time Machine, Cassettes Won't Listen
Trouble in Dreams, Destroyer
Saturnalia, The Gutter Twins
Magnificent Fiend, Howlin Rain
Arm's Way, Islands
The Age of the Understatement, The Last Shadow Puppets
Consolers of the Lonely, The Raconteurs
S/T, Vampire Weekend
Alopecia, Why?

1 comment:

Barbara Bruederlin said...

And I don't have any of your list, so I would say you are doing pretty well in the listing department.

Well now you've got me thinking about my ten.