Friday, December 28, 2007

An Open Letter From Aaron Sunshine

Aaron Sunshine, who you know as guitarist and singer for the Passionistas, maintains his own blog called Music Stands For Comfort. Topics range from music to riot girrls to girls to fashion, and so on. On Christmas Day, Sunshine posted an open letter regarding this blog. You see, I'm pretty open to constructive criticism. Sunshine writes:
I read your blog (www.newandusedrecords.com) pretty much everyday, and I have to say, I wish it were different. I feel like you hardly mention the band, or yourself for that matter, and I feel like from reading it I would hardly know anything about the experience of running a label. I really wish I could read more about feelings, insecurities, conversations, stories, etc. and less about trends in the music industry.

Personally, I think it would be stickier if there were more photos of you going out, of us being cute, funny/sad/angry stories about the people you run into, alcohol/drug laced rants, etc. It's too businessy at this point, I would like it to kick more ass, you know ? More hotties, less pie charts.

Ok, thats all. I might be in a bad mood, because I feel like I am stuck in the Christmas edition of SAW, where I am forced to watch the Santa Clause 3 or chew my leg off.


I shall respond.
Aaron:

I would say that your concerns about this blog are pretty much in line with mine. It has certainly been one of my goals with this blog to find my voice. Unfortunately, I find that I must find my voice all over again with each new project I take on. I've been grappling with everything from how much to reveal to how to phrase certain things. I think I'm getting there. Thanks for the helpful suggestions, as I always appreciate your feedback, and expect more hotties at this blog in the coming days.

Best,
Will

P.S. Please bring "Fucking Cold" back into the live set.

1 comment:

Barbara Bruederlin said...

It's good that you guys can talk openly like this. Or write openly, or whatever.