Monday, November 5, 2007

N&UR Update: Excited for the Future

So much is happening right now, yet there's little to actually report. We're in the midst of setting up shows outside of San Francisco, and plotting a possible tour for early next year. Oh, and there's this thing called South by Southwest that we are planning for. Beyond that, I'm continuing to follow up with radio stations, while finding new press outlets to send the CD out to.

I've been drawing up plans of action for the future of New and Used Records and The Passionistas - plotting future release dates and deadlines. I feel as though I've learned so much about the business since starting this label. I've seen what tactics worked and what didn't, while learning what I need to be more of and what I should have done sooner. All things considered, I've very proud of what we have accomplished so far, but I predict much bigger things for 2008 and on a more national scale. This year, we were really able to make some noise in San Francisco - but by this time next year, hopefully we've started making noise everywhere.

I apologize that all of this is so vague. I will be able to report back with more when it is actually happening. I am in the early stages of creating a resource guide for bands and labels, and I hope that in the not so distant future, I have such resources available on this site.

1 comment:

Allison said...

Planning for South by Southwest!!! That's so great to hear. Honestly, big smile from across the pond to you guys! Look forward to more details.