Monday, November 12, 2007

Awards Show, KALX Party Highlight Busy Week

It was pouring rain in San Francisco on Saturday night, but that didn't stop the Passionistas and I from heading over the Mezzanine for the Owl Mag's Video Makes The Radio Star ceremony. Live 105 and Sonic Nation were co-sponsoring the event, and the Passionistas were to be honored with the 'Most Likely To Get Injured While Filming Award' for "Y2K" ...


The Ian Fays - one of five finalists for the top video prize - took the stage around 8:45, and I was quite taken by their live performance. I knew of them a little bit, but had not had a chance to catch them live before. Afterwards, I was compelled to buy a copy of their album, The Damon Lessons and chatted with them briefly about setting up a show with the Passionistas. Oh, and the Ian Fays video is pretty awesome...


A couple hours later, it was finally time for the band to receive their award, and they were even invited onstage to make a speech - an honor not bestowed on the other bands thus far...


As it turns out, there were certain individuals on the awards community who were campaigning hard core on behalf of the Passionistas. I also got to chat a little with Live 105 music director Aaron Axelson, and several events throughout the evening gave me even greater confidence that the Passionistas and New and Used Records will find a wider audience.

I should also mention that last Thursday I went and saw Greg Ashley at the KALX 45th anniversary party and got to catch up on what he's been up to over the past few months. Hopefully, Greg and the Passionistas will head into the studio soon to complete a second album. Obviously, I will keep you posted on that.

No comments: