Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Stop Hating on Bright Eyes

So, I think people really need to stop hating on this new Bright Eyes record - Cassadaga. The funny part is all the things that usually lead people to hate on a Bright Eyes record - the whining; the off-key, earnest vocals; the long structure-less songs - are not what people are hating on this time. In fact, now they're mad that it's the opposite - apparently, it's too clean. People need to make up their minds. Sure, there was something endearing about how overdone and kinda naive Lifted was. However, I much preferred the brilliant restraint of I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning. Let the man mature, please - he's not 16 anymore. In all honesty, these new songs are really good - this folk/country thing seems to be what Conor Oberst is best at and he seems to really be coming into his own with it.

"Four Winds"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was that Noel Gallagher that you see in the audience at about 2:09?

I actually like this album quite a lot, more than I thought I would really.

Anonymous said...

I am really enjoying this album, so no hating here. I think I like it better than the last. Guess I like things clean.