Sunday, February 11, 2007

I Love the Grammys (Part One)

I'm trying to muster up some fake enthusiasm here, but really I'd rather watch that sloth video a few more times. Every year I tune in to the Grammys with at least a little bit of excitement, and everytime I walk away disappointed. It's kind of a sadistic game. Anyhow, we're about one hour in and Mary J. has won two, the Police reunited for a rather underwhelming "Roxanne," and Tony Bennett and Stevie Wonder shared a rather cute moment when their duet on "For Once In My Life" took home the night's first award. I just barely made it three a ridiculously slow three-song medley from Corrine Bailey Rae, John Legend and John Mayer. Then Mayer won for (not Best Rock Album despite his recent Rolling Stone-hyped credibility, but) Best Pop Vocal. I would have given that one to JT, who minutes earlier had performed "What Goes Around."

No comments: