Thursday, December 21, 2006

Where We've Been

Well, now, there seems to be a bit of a flu bug flying its way around the N&UR office, making it very difficult to 1). post new blogs, 2). edit/post new video podcasts included days 8-12 of "12 Days of Birdman," 3). comment on other people's blogs and 4). record a holiday-themed Radio Hour. We're going to do our best to catch up with ourselves, however. To fill you in on all that has been happening - I have steadily been editing episode one of the recurring Passionistas portion of the video podcast, while also sorting out some other business that should extend N&UR beyond the land of blogs and podcasts. Of course, there was also quite a bit of Christmas shopping to get in the way of that. Hillary and I visited Tower Records over the past weekend where everything was 80% off. Of course, everything was pretty much 40 copies of the Eagles' "Hole in the World" and one copy of Saved By the Bell: The New Class (season two!). We did manage however to pick up a Le Tigre cd, some Buffy toys and a couple packs of DV tapes. It was pretty sad to see the once mighty Tower, a place I visited probably every summer and holiday season, in such a vulnerable state.

Of course, putting Tower mourning behind us, there was the second meeting of the Bad Movie Club to attend - which ended up being the Karaoke Club. This was no problem, as I will not hesitate to croon "Drive," "Superstition" or "When I'm Gone" for eager ears. Plus, we did walk away with House Party 2 and The Butterfly Effect in the Bad Movie Gift Exchange.

And that's really all I can think of for right now. Expect some best of lists as the year comes to a close. Ben Heller and I have been counting down our top 40 records over at the Record Room.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you are on the mend and ready to tackle Chrismas merriment in perfect health.

I'm almost afraid to ask what sort of Buffy toys you managed to score, but I certainly hope you had the foresight to buy at least 8 copies of the Eagles cd. Those things are like gold you know.

I'm enjoying your countdown list over at the Record Room.

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention your choreographed karaoke dance moves.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're quite busy! I hope you start feeling better soon. Looking forward to seeing/hearing/reading about all the projects you have in the works.

I'm also enjoying the countdown over at The Record Room, very much so.