John Mutford asked us to post "Bohemian Like You" which reminded me of a little story. A couple years back, I was in Italy, getting off a train when I noticed a gentleman carrying a guitar and wearing a Ted Nugent shirt. It was probably that shirt that made him stick out in my memory. A few hours later I had Italian TRL on in the hotel room, and there was the Ted Nugent shirt-wearing dude ... and it was Dandy Warhols' frontman, Courtney Taylor-Taylor.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
hahaha Courtney Taylor Taylor in a Ted Nugent shirt! Now Anton Newcombe I could see...
It's funny, I hadn't seen this video for years, then I saw someone had requested it and it was on telly THE NEXT DAY! Do you moonlight for E4 music telly Will?
Thanks a million. I remembered seeing this first when the Edge had a video channel that lasted for all of a long weekend (because apparently Much Music isn't allowed any competition- Coughbastards). They used to play the pixled version before a certain hour and then the version you showed. It was probably the most gender-fair video I'd ever seen- and a great song to boot!
I had never heard this song or seen this video before, but I liked it. I also liked the use of karaoke in it. Funny. When I used to run karaoke shows, they were usually in hole in the wall spots like this, but the crowd was never quite a good-looking as the crowd in the vid. oh well.
Post a Comment