As sometimes happens to those of us who spend a great deal of time in the video world, I've been experiencing technical difficulties. My attempts to find the highest quality stream for the Kelley Stoltz video have left me just short of tearing my hair out. I maintain a calm, cool demeanor however and managed to put it out of my mind this past weekend long enough to have a driving lesson, eat some delicious Pasta Pomodoro, and catch up on some Deadwood season three. I've always been listening to that Pipettes record like it were the last one on earth, and I think I've got Hillary hooked on it as well. Charlie also filled my iPod up with a million more albums I hope to find the listen to, including an EP by Voxtrot, which - so far - sounds brilliant.
I spent much of last week working on a pair of future N&UR episodes - I've been editing number five on Howlin Rain, which will be up this Friday. On Wednesday, I shot and interviewed the Little Ones when they were at Rickshaw Stop, which is quickly becoming one of my favorite venues. As you may have noticed, I'm trying to get a real schedule going with each episode - a new one every other Friday with a "b-side" in between. B-sides will feature leftover interview or performance footage edited together in some fashion, or not edited together at all.
Last week, I treated myself to a pair of items - an external firewire drive (because I've always wanted those) and a new set of headphones (because I am getting tired of those earbuds).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Yay for new headphones!
I have enough frustrations with the glitches of the modest amount of technology that I use, I can't imagine what it must be like for you. I'm glad you got away and did something fun this weekend.
Be careful, from what I've heard of the Pipettes, they are awfully addictive (I said that like it's a bad thing!)
I am looking forward to catching up on all your new posts over the next couple of days.
I can't say that I actually feel your pain about the video stuff, but I've been watching the Hub-Man while he's working on a soundtrack for an animated section of our friends movie, and I know he would be tearing his hair out if he wasn't already bald. Ever try synching up children singing when they were recorded at different times? Argghhh!
You're already on season 3 of Deadwood? Wow!
Post a Comment