Saturday, March 18, 2006

Jerks and Assholes Mourn the End of Limp Bizkit


The story:


"We're officially on hiatus, maybe even officially over. It's kind of up in the air. No one said, 'We're done as a band.' Everyone's just doing their own thing, and [some members] don't have time for this band anymore. I haven't quit, but I've also decided to stop thinking about Limp. I'm not going to keep trying to breathe life into a dying animal. It just ground to a halt. We just basically stopped talking. I feel bad for the fans that [might] think something's actually going to happen with Limp [in the future]. It's not happening. . . . As of right now, none of my future plans include Limp Bizkit."
- Limp Bizkit guitarist Wes Borland

The reaction:

"THIS is the best news I've heard all EVER!"
- Trent, Pink is the New Blog

"IF you do not like Limp Bizkit or at least appreciate their music you should be shot. Your MUSIC SUCKS. LIMP ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
- Limp Bizkit fan on Yahoo Limp Bizkit Message Board

"hey wes!!! i hate you so much. eat my shit!!! you are worst than mike smith. he is an awesome guitarist!!! you have no fans! go to hell! limp bizkit doesnt need you!!!!! this is my hate for you bitch!!!!"
-Limp Bizkit fan on message board at LimpBizkit.com

"I have never really been a fan of what we've done. I always felt like I was placed with the wrong band."
- Limp Bizkit guitarist Wes Borland

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post! Love the quotes. Uh - oh..how is Durst going to cruise for nookie now?

I love how their own guitarist is not a fan.

Anonymous said...

That is priceless! Good news all round!

Anonymous said...

It's funny. Last Sunday I played 2 albums next to each other.

Limp Bizkit's "Chocolate Starfish", and then Linkin Park's "Hybrid Theory".

In the cold light of day, "Hybrid Theory" is light years ahead IMO.

I won't miss them Will.

Anonymous said...

It's sad that not one of our readers has posted a positive comment about Mr. Durst ... Ben, will you be reviewing Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water for us in the near future?

Anonymous said...

*hiccup*

Anonymous said...

well, will, I have to check in and say good riddance. Sorry not to break the not-heartbroken trend, but that's where I stand. I hated them, everything they were about, and I hated how stupidly their fans behaved. Boring.

Anonymous said...

It's rather refreshing that none of our readers are heartbroken ... Now, how many of you cried when Creed announced their breakup?

Anonymous said...

I won't miss them either. Remember when Fred Durst supposedly hooked up with Britney? I think he may actually be worse than Kevin.

I remember a girl in high school who had a huge thing for this band/Fred and while she was a perfectly nice girl, I decided not to be her friend for this reason alone.

Anonymous said...

But Creed were never a real band anyway. Oh wait, neither were Limp Bizkit...